Monday, 22 October 2012

New boobs on the horizon...

© Rebecca Teal

My ultrasound last week showed some shrinkage but not enough to save the breast
 My boobs are so tiny that even removing a small lump would take away most of the breast tissue and it seems chemo isn’t going to make it anywhere near small enough.

So the Chemo Guy has stopped my chemotherapy (hooray, I hated it but eek, I want all the chemo you can throw at me) and organised surgery.

I’m having a mastectomy with an immediate implant (Yay!).
I didn’t want flap reconstruction as this leaves too much scarring for me and anyway, I
“don’t have enough fat on my abdomen, bum or back to use”
(I’m taking this as a compliment, Mr Surgeon)

I've never wanted false breasts. I dislike anything false
but I think under the circumstances I will make an exception.

5 comments:

  1. Hi Ya
    The important thing is you are going to be on the mend. Really pleased that you are happy with the path ahead. Yes In these circumstances you are right to make an exception. Please get well soon. I miss your mind as much as your body

    Very B R
    Nick (sybar)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rebecca
    I'm glad that you take good recovery, and that you can tell me every day your status.
    With or without implants implants, Rebecca you always will remain, the most wonderful woman known to the web, and a great person.
    Best wishes in your surgery,kisses
    Mr. Fabien

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is what implants were designed for, surely? That cosmetic stuff is just a waste of time and money in my opinion, an unnecessary risk.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really hope the surgery goes well. Full of admiration for how you're dealing with adversity. Brains, bea.uty and courage - Mr T is a very lucky man

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Rebecca,

    So sorry to hear that the chemo hasnt done enough - but as others have said, good that there is an end in sight.

    As for the implant - well, I agree with you that you are perfectly right to make an exception. It's for the right reason.

    Admiration for you overflowing here ... ...

    Fingers crossed ( still ) for it to go well, Rebecca.

    AnonyMouseLurker aka John

    xx xx

    ReplyDelete