Sunday, 16 September 2012

You, bug, go forth...

© Rebecca Teal


I've not posted for a while as I had no wifi in my hospital bed...
but now I have a dongle!!

I was admitted on Friday when my temperature reached 39.4°C  I'm being given intravenous antibiotics and something to increase my white blood cell count and being monitored every few hours...the buggers even wake me up to do all this!

One of the side effects of chemo is a drop in white blood cells, which increases the risk of infection. It seems that an  insignificant germ to whom I would normally say "Get thee away, little bug, go forth from my door" has been able to emulate a superhero germ and maraud my body unchallenged...the cad!

My temperature is now closer to normal but my white blood cell count is still too low so I won't be allowed home yet.

We're trying to organise wifi at the hospital so I can update and tweet from my sick-bed (I think camming may be frowned upon).

Be patient, people...I'm doing my best to get back on track.

Rebecca x

By the way, what I'd really say to that bug is "You, bug...fuck off and when you get there fuck off some more then keep fucking off!" 

4 comments:

  1. You tell the little bugger! Glad to hear you are receiving top treatment there. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi becky!
    I'm glad you have that mood as well, that is very important in this disease, I know very well. You are still a fighter.
    many kisses Fabien.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shees - you are going through it, arent you :( :(

    But - we are all 'with you' in spirit, and sending you hugs ( as naughty as we can get away with ) and kisses ( chaste ones on the forehead and cheek ).

    And I echo what you, finally, said to the little bug(gers). They have NO right to take advantage of you - thst's Mr T's perogative :) :)

    HugZ etc, Becca, xx xx


    AnonyMouseLurker

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope all is going fine with you now Mrs T. missing you from MFC. Love tooshy69

    ReplyDelete