Wednesday, 4 July 2012

Call the f**king salon...how hard can it be?!

© Rebecca Teal

I have a wig fitting on Monday afternoon and I’m sure the best thing to do is have my hair cropped on Monday morning. If I do that the wigs will sit better, I’ll be able to put them on more easily and it’s only one cut away from shaved. And if I’m honest, my hair is in a pretty bad state of abuse at the moment so even under usual circumstances a bloody good shortening (that’s 4 or 5 inches in my world) would be in order.

There’s a hairdresser next door to the wig shop (I like the idea of dashing from one door to the next under a hoodie) but it doesn’t open on Mondays and I don’t possess enough celebrity sway to make it happen. There’s another hairdresser a few doors away (a dash of a few doors will be just about acceptable) but I just can’t make the ‘phone call.  I have the number, I have my ‘phone, I have tears streaming down my face.

I know to all you people with hair, long or short or shaved through choice this may seem ridiculous. Bald or dead? Um…that’s a no brainer. But I’m a girl (albeit an old one) and girls are meant to have hair and this girl always has long hair. And having lovely, long hair makes me feel lovely and having no hair and no eyelashes and no eyebrows and no left breast and a sore mouth and sore eyes and aching joints and numbness
and so many other rubbish chemo side effects is going
to make me feel like absolute f**king sh*t.

But it’s better than being dead and without treatment that’s what I’ll be. So, the sensible thing to do is make the call to the hairdresser. I have the number, I have my ‘phone, I have tears streaming down my face…

 


5 comments:

  1. call them it be easier now than later so the you can get better love sam xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Make the call, wipe the tears and smile that you can be in disguise with the wigs. The treatment will work, Rebecca will bounce back and her world will be as good as it was.
    Pretend the tears are rain keep your chin up

    Nick x (Sybar)

    ReplyDelete
  3. There there, we'll kiss it better and you shall have a story... probably one about a squirrel or something. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Damnit - I just read your blog and am cursing myself for not keeping up to date with it ... ...

    My heart goes out to you, Becca. You know that you have lots and lots of support from all your fans on here, AW and MFC.

    HUGS to you, Rebecca. Plus a Manly hug and a handshake of support to your Mr T, who I know will be your rock.

    AnonyMouseLurker xx xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey You look lovely in the new syrup lol

    Hope it's all going well

    Be goodish
    nick (sybar)

    ReplyDelete